[ale] Multi-label names

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:46:03 EST 2018

What happens if you add

DNS1=8.8.8.8
DOMAIN=mydomain.net

To the network configuration? NetworkManager will that that as an entry in resolv.conf and write it there.

I thought systemd-resolvd was used only (mostly) during startup to do thing like handle remote filesystems, etc. I've never used it.

On March 7, 2018 2:38:13 PM EST, Todor Fassl via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Well, I could just disable systemd-resolvd and then create a
>/etc/resolv.conf in a text editor. But I'd rather not go backwards.
>I've
>mentioned before on this list that I rue the day I decided to switch my
>
>end users from debian stable to ubuntu. But I can't go back on that
>either. I'd like to get systemd.resolvd working.
>
>Have you ever heard of this term, "multi label name"? I am thinking it
>means either an fqdn *or* an unqualified dn. So examples would be spock
>
>and/or spock.example.com.
>
>On 03/07/2018 12:32 PM, Lightner, Jeffrey wrote:> This posts suggests
>it
>is systemd-resolved and gives options for using dnsmasq instead:
> >

>https://askubuntu.com/questions/898605/how-to-disable-systemd-resolved-and-resolve-dns-with-dnsmasq
> >
> > My RHEL7 systemd doesn't have systemd-resolved.

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.