[ale] Happy to subscribe

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:42:48 EDT 2018

Hmm.  I just recently updated my WRT54GL from CoovaAP to OpenWRT.  That
went pretty ok simple.   I dunno about using it as a portable linux device.
Seems like the RPi might be more suited to that.  At least one of my
friends is using one that way now.

I have a go-ahead for a Raspberry Pi intro class at Decatur Makers for the
fall.  DM has a cardboard box with about 70 Raspberry Pi 2 Bs in it (the
one with 2 USB ports and an HDMI port). They lack SD cards and wall warts,
but will run the latest 'n' greatest raspbian no problem.   I've got the
hardware and software developed, and I'm in process of taking pictures and
making a slide deck.  The current plan is to cover three different ways to
light an LED from the web:  CGI, CGI talking to a daemon, and CherryPy (as
an example of a web framework).  I'll probably be looking for teaching
assistants for this when the time gets closer.

-- CHS