[ale] UBuntu 17.10 EOL today

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Thu Jul 19 11:08:11 EDT 2018

This is the reason I only run LTS versions. It just feels like the non LTS
versions are like vaporware. Wait a year, and everything disappears.

Any comments on the stability of 18.04. I haven't upgraded any of my
machines from 16.04 yet. Is it time?

BAJ

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:08:57AM -0400, DJ-Pfulio via Ale wrote:
> If you are running any version of Ubuntu 17.10, today is the last day to
> get patches.
> https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/07/ubuntu-17-10-end-of-life
>
> At this point, normal people should be running either 16.04.x or 18.04.
> People with servers might still have some 14.04.x machines for another 6
> months or so before support ends.
>
> If you aren't running 16.04.x or 18.04, time to move.

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff