[ale] [OT] Soldering

Mondo Hondo knerdly1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:31:29 EDT 2018

Sorry Chuck, no soldering classes in the near future that I see.

Soldering basic electronics projects is not difficult -- no need to be
intimidated. Learning the skills needed to "get you through" a typical home
electronics project will take about 10-15 mins of practice.

Lots-o-folks at Decatur Makers are pretty darn good at soldering and would
be happy to give "look over your shoulder" assistance. Best to come by on
an Open Build Night or maybe Family Build Night, be friendly and ask for
some help. Odds are quite good that you'll end up with a bit more
advice/opinions than you sought :)  But you'll learn what you need to know
and have the opportunity to practice.

What type of project(s) are you considering?

Open Build Nights
<https://www.meetup.com/Decatur-Makers/events/qwdkcmyxkbxb/>:
https://www.meetup.com/Decatur-Makers/events/qwdkcmyxkbxb/

Family Build Night: