[ale] News: Red Hat slams into reverse on CPU fix for Spectre design blunder

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:02:02 EST 2018

I was informed by our engineers that we had relatively smooth patching, and had made it through 1/3 of our fleet before having to roll back and start applying the Intel patch.  Nice thing about being in the valley is that the Intel fellow came by the offices and dropped off the patches personally… go figure.

So, we start all over patching 300k+ machines.  Good times.