[ale] Automation tools...

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:10:54 EST 2018

Yeah… they realized MCollective had no future and then Ansible was constantly nipping at their heels.  When RedHat acquired Ansible, they pretty much gave Puppet Community the “left foot”.  Sure, it’s still around in Satellite, but it’s a second-class citizen.  Now, with Ansible, it doesn’t even really rise that high.

Bolt was more of a “now we have both Config Management *AND* agent less Orchestration” sort of move.  Better for them, I do believe.

—j