[ale] Automation tools...

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Wed Dec 19 18:55:01 EST 2018

We are using SUSE Manager.  Essentially, SUSE has forked and heavily
modified Spacewalk as a graphical interface for Saltstack.  It is the
best of both worlds... I can write Salt code by hand if I want, or just
use the GUI to make state channels the old Spacewalk way, but it is
essentially just building an sls under the hood out of the choices
selected in the GUI.
If you don't want to use Salt at all, the old Spacewalk functionality is
still there and 100% usable.
It also has built in patch management.

Allen B.