[ale] Meeting topic for Jan 2019

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:26:06 EST 2018

All,

I would like to present a talk for ALE to show off some work done at Emory.

The topic, but not the title, is how to use network bound disk encryption - NBDE. By using luks partition encrytion we gain good data at rest security. But for a large environment setting, entering passwords over a remote console to reboot a file server is a pain. NBDE provides a secure method to automatically unlock root and other partitions based on network proximity.

If things go as planned, there will be a demo.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.