[ale] Passwords displaying on multi-user system?

Todor Fassl fassl.tod at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:16:28 EST 2018

Correction: This was on a machine using gdm as the display manager.

Yeah, my take was the humans make patterns out of everything thing. He
said it flashed on the screen for half a second.

Even to keep multiple user passwords in memory, much less to display
them, would be a huge security flaw. Why would any display manager do
that? The password has no use once the user has been authenticated. It
doesn't seem likely to me that a bug like this could evenexist in gdm.

I have already told my manager that I believe this is a Loch Ness
Monster sighting. But I thought I would see what you folks said.

--
Todd