[ale] New user introduction

Simba simbalion-ale at tailpuff.net
Mon Aug 20 11:25:44 EDT 2018

Greetings!

I recently moved nearer to Atlanta from Athens (and before that, to
Georgia from way up north). I recently rid myself of Windows completely.
I have been using Linux since Slackware 3 as a hobby, and since Wheezy
in a more focused way. I work as a freelance technology consultant,
primarily serving small and medium businesses, and non-profit organizations.

While I was growing up I dabbled in hacking and phreaking, the latter
being the most interesting to me at the time, but I'm all white-hat now.
I have strong opinions which I'm happy to fiercely defend, and little
tolerance for know-it-all newbies. I am happy to share my experience and
knowledge, however.

My favorite distribution is Debian, my favorite WM is Openbox, and I
prefer gnome to kde.. but I prefer lightweight apps to monolithic
desktop environments. My favorite brand name machine are Thinkpads, and
I just recently picked up an X1 Carbon (which is _amazing_). I'm also
fond of Toughbooks because sometimes you just need to throw your machine
down a flight of stairs. I agree with almost everything that Mr.
Stallman has published, and I usually agree with Mr. Torvalds as well,
when I can grasp what he's talking about (which is not often).

I'll probably be spotted in the freenode channel. Looking forward to
meeting other linux users.

--
Simba Lion - https://tailpuff.net
https://keybase.io/simbalion