[ale] Hypervisors and such

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Apr 6 13:45:52 EDT 2018

I'm full of something, including opinions.

But containers aren't hypervisors, so it seems the requirements need
revisiting for clarification.

;)

I switched from Xen to KVM around 2010-ish.  Never regretted that.
virt-manager is bonehead easy to use. No root required.  If you have
fewer than 50 VMs, I'd suggest that any heavier solution isn't worth it.

I don't have any clue about Docker support in libvirt, but I would be
shocked if it wasn't there or in the short-list plans.

Some people have reported issues with using CentOS + oVirt to run Ubuntu
Server VMs and having the Ubuntu VMs lock up every few weeks.  I'm not
seeing that, but not using CentOS as a host.

I thought that running all containers inside a full VM was the current
"best practice" for security.  Has that changed?