[ale] [OT] Document formatter?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:24:13 EDT 2018

LaTeX isn't a "multi-purpose" tool. LaTeX is for LaTeX. Pandoc can
translate to/from LaTeX amongst many other formats. And Pandoc is *far*
easier to setup and work with than LaTeX. Basically, if you're not
typesetting a book or writing a mathematics paper, LaTeX is too cumbersome.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 12:01 PM, Kyle Brieden via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I'm a little surprised no one here has offered up LaTeX as a tool... I
> write my resume in LaTeX and maintain a git repo for it.
>
> ---
> Very respectfully,
> Kyle Brieden
>

> On 02-04-2018 08:11, leam hall via Ale wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to learn multi-purpose tools. Right now I need something to
>> document my Ruby code and to also take text based fiction and turn it
>> into a pdf with bold headers and appropriate page breaks. As a last
>> resort I can open the text doc in LibreOffice and save as a PDF.
>>
>> A friend uses Doxygen for his project, I'm looking for some options.
>> The goal is to be able to run it on the command line.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Leam

James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)