[ale] homebrew routers, castoff hardware

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Sep 21 22:58:59 EDT 2017

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:04:58 -0400
Joey Kelly <joey at joeykelly.net> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I see posts about pfSense, dd-rwt, Ubiquiti and the like. I'm not
> knocking them, but asking rather if anyone still rolls their own *nix
> NAT box running on dumpster hardware, like we used to to in the old
> days.

I do.

I've been saying for years, soon I'll buy  low power machine to save
power. But til then, pfSense or just plain OpenBSD/pf on 10 year old
former daily driver computer.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr