[ale] please bow your head for a moment of silence...

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 02:02:20 EDT 2017

Not sure if anyone saw the post, but Oracle laidoff all the Solaris people,
a lot of the articles are calling it the final nail in Sun's coffin.

As a Solaris admin, I am a bit sad, I remember when the user group went
away after the sale of Sun to Oracle. I also remember the end of
openSolaris (please note there were three distro of openSolaris at the time
of it''s end).

You know more to me Oracle is a technology killer than technology innovator
it's really sad I'm going to miss Solaris. Plus, Sparc computers. I used
Ultra25 for three yeara, great machine.

SunOS is dead, long live SunOS (Solaris).