[ale] semi OT: Network/cable modem tests ?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon May 1 12:47:01 EDT 2017

On 05/01/2017 10:53 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:

> Not sure what security! But if there is a breach would be somebody
> inside Comcast.

DOCSIS 3 adds a VPN to protect your traffic from your neighbors.

There are many other reasons which will impact your performance at some
point. You will start losing channels when they switch to dynamic
channel hopping. DOCSISv3 has that, v2 does not.

You want DOCSIS v3 and will NEED it when they change their settings. How
long are you willing to be without internet service when that change
happens in your area?

You can look up the new features/improvements/security provided by
DOCSISv3.  I attended an intro class about it ... probably 8 yrs ago.

Oh - and residential IPv6 is available from Comcast many places today.
I'm seeing it on my business router too.