[ale] semi OT: Network/cable modem tests ?

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Mon May 1 10:53:35 EDT 2017

Comcast is the provider.

IPv6 we are talking for how many years now ? May be in the business/ IT
industry world.

Comcast was saying I can't use old modem as well. Until I got with somebody
on the phone that you can call honest person. He enabled the modem for me
and I have use it for a more that year maybe two. The only reason they ask
you to change modem I guess is to sell you higher tier internet and if you
bait to rent you a modem.

Not sure what security! But if there is a breach would be somebody inside
Comcast.

So far with my tests: There is maybe slight 1ms better response time from
new modem when you run different tests. Other than that no difference with
my speed tier.

Modem is TP-LINK TC-7610. Power supply on the new modem is 12V/1A which
means has more power consumption than the old one. Which is 12V/0.7A