[ale] DragonCon: InstallFest?, Crypto Party?

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Wed Mar 29 18:12:02 EDT 2017

Once I can commit to an event, date, and time, I would be asking for a
room with round tables and power strips to each table.  The down side is
I can't guarantee Internet availability other than wifi already
available in the hotel.  I think that may be the biggest problem.  The
other problem is probably not a lot of people bringing their laptops to
DragonCon (maybe I'm wrong about this though).

I have already scheduled NetKotH for Sunday afternoon but this does not
require outside Internet access though it can be helpful for doing research.

As far as the Install Fest I'm brainstorming but the possible lack of
Internet may be the biggest problem.  Even if it's available it may be
too slow for distro downloads due to high GDF (Geek Density Factor, i.e.
70,000 geeks in six square blocks).

-Scott