[ale] OT-ish Political: Georgia HB509 Requires Blocking Technology in all Web-Capable Devices

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Tue Mar 14 11:14:06 EDT 2017

Bills in Georgia live for two years.  It looks like this was meant to be
voted on in 2018.  Based on text of the bill, it would require a (state)
constitutional amendment referendum also.  It looks like the plan all
along was to get it passed in 2018 and begin implementation on January
1, 2019.  See section 4 of the bill text.  (So we have a year to fight it.)

-Scott