[ale] somewhat OT - cheap t-mobile PAYG plan

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Mar 8 20:41:27 EST 2017

On 03/08/2017 07:49 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> On March 8, 2017 2:47:06 PM EST, DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:
>> https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-as-you-go
>> "Pay as you go.  $3/month
>> Get any combination of 30 minutes of talk or 30 texts."
>>

> How much are overages? Of course as an emergency only device, overages are the least concern.

For all the money saved month after month, year after year, even if I
get a $50 hit a few months, I'm still $2K ahead, easily. Last year the
$10/wk data plan included unlimited talk+texts. T-mbl is trying hard to
fire me as a customer.  I had a $30/month plan until 2007 - never got
that amount of value from it.

Have texts blocked on my account. Never got any that weren't spam. Plus
have had email-capable portable devices since 1999, so never saw the
purpose of a limited text.

Still can't believe that people pay to use the GSM control channel which
the phone company has to have to provide voice service. Should be
illegal to charge for it.