[ale] Mail woes

Jim Lynch jimlynch1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:28:09 EDT 2017

I'm trying to figure out how to send mail from Thunderbird.  I'd been
using my Comcast account but they've screwed it up and refuse to help me.

I get this:

An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting:  resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-02v.sys.comcast.net
Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available,
please contact support.

So I tried using gmail and they change the from address to my gmail
address.  I have no idea if this will go through or not.