[ale] Programming Languages and Personality?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 16:33:43 EDT 2017

Skipping over the long term coders who can do anything with assembler,
I'm trying to root out some personality thoughts on programming
languages. I'll have some alone time and would like to make some coding
progress; things have slowed while I learn Ansible.

What has my interest is the mental perception I have of different
languages. Ruby, and to a slightly lesser extent PHP, are just fun. Go,
and C, are more academic and I find them powerful and dreary. Python is
somewhere in the middle and Perl, once my language of choice, now makes
me physically nauseous.

Does anyone else have this perception, even if the reaction to the same
languages is different? More to the point, what can be done to alter the
personal reception of a language? Ruby makes me want to code, C makes me
want to sleep. Python makes me read e-mail to recover.

Leam