[ale] systemd bad. Very bad.

Kyle Brieden kyle at txmoose.com
Thu Jun 29 15:06:12 EDT 2017

I haven't been a fan of systemd ever since Arch implemented it however
long ago.  I don't care for the binary logging format, nor do I care for
the monolithic nature of it.  That being said, I understand that we
can't just keep rolling with the init systems that we have, because
technology grows and changes.  Those init systems weren't written to
handle new technologies and methods.

That being said, I'm willing to give it a fair shake.  I use it daily on
Oracle Linux 7 (yea... we use OL7 because it's supported and
binary-compatible with RHEL, while still being leaps and bounds cheaper
than RHEL) and it doesn't utterly suck.  It does require a lot of
ideology shifts and process changes, though.

In the spirit of giving it a fair shake, Solomon, would you be willing
to expound upon what you've learned about systemd that makes you
appreciate (like?) it?

---
Very respectfully,
Kyle Brieden