[ale] Looking for a password manager?

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Tue Jun 27 16:40:42 EDT 2017

According to the KeePassXC developers, KeePassX is developing slower than
expected.

KeePassX shows the last was Feb 2016.
KeePassXC changelog shows lots of updates in 2017.

Is that good or bad? Who knows. :)

Why KeePassXC instead of KeePassX?
KeePassX is an amazing password manager, but hasn't seen much active
development for quite a while. Many good pull requests were never merged
and the original project is missing some features which users can expect
from a modern password manager. Hence, we decided to fork KeePassX to
continue its development and provide you with everything you love about
KeePassX plus many new features and bugfixes.

-- Brian

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A happy KeePass user here.  I've been doing it for years.
>
> -- CHS
>

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Kyle Brieden <kyle at txmoose.com> wrote:
>
>> I just started using KeePassX (and iterations of it on my android phone
>> and iPad tablet) a couple months ago.  I really like it, and it gives great
>> insight into just how many blasted passwords we really do keep track of in
>> this modern age.  That being said, what's the difference between KeePassX
>> and KeePassXC?  Is KeePassX actually produced by a company and XC the open
>> source iteration of that code?
>>
>> ---
>> Very respectfully,
>> Kyle Brieden
>>

>> On 26-06-2017 20:38, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/06/keepassxc-2-2-0-new-features
>>>
>>> The community fork of KeePassX, KeePassXC has been released.
>>> * YubiKey challenge-response/2FA support
>>> * Command Line Interface (CLI)
>>> * Single-instance mode
>>> Are the new features that I'm looking forward to trying.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert
Einstein