[ale] Basic/playing-around distro

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Jun 22 01:02:28 EDT 2017

Yep, AT&T.  I ordered static IPs then called them up and told them to
disable all inbound and outbound port blocking (though this took an
escalation or two because the front-line handler thought I meant the
firewall in the modem.)  After I agreed to their "this is dangerous are
you sure you want this" CYA statement, they dropped the port blocking a
couple hours later.

I've had to do it a few times because I have moved and the IP block
changed each time.  Other than getting the right person on the phone it
hasn't been an issue.  I do have a massive filter on the server blocking
a lot of IP address space currently 126 IP blocks with most of them /16
or larger (91 specifically).