[ale] Freelance web-devs make in-secure sites

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 16:24:45 EDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-06-08 at 15:08 -0500, Joey Kelly wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > This won't change until the government steps in with a mandata
> > backed by
> > very large penalties.. with a couple of high-profile heads impaled
> > on
> > pikes to drive home their willingness to enforce.
>
> The moment the government gets into my dev process is the moment I go
> back
> to driving a delivery truck.

I'm assuming with a license and a willingness to drive on the correct
side of the road.
It's those baseline, here's how we're going to do this things that
government does that are a benefit. Go visit someplace where the rules
of the road are "it's a road. good luck".
If a developer is unwilling to have their code audited that code
probably doesn't need to run critical systems (ahem - looking at the
voting machine programmers!)
Besides, we're not discussing the development _process_. We are talking
about code review. Once a developers says "Done!" then the reviewers
step in to test, check, validate, return for updates, and hopefully
approve for release.
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.