[ale] Freelance web-devs make in-secure sites

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Jun 8 08:27:35 EDT 2017

Perhaps IoT devices need this too?

Bruce Schneier's blog ...
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2017/06/safety_and_secu.html
"Last year, on October 21, your digital video recorder — or at least a
DVR like yours — knocked Twitter off the internet. Someone used your
DVR, along with millions of insecure webcams, routers, and other
connected devices, to launch an attack that started a chain reaction,
resulting in Twitter, Reddit, Netflix, and many sites going off the
internet. You probably didn't realize that your DVR had that kind of
power. But it does."

A few years ago during a national election is a smaller country, the
entire country was taken off line using internet attacks.

IoT (or Internet of Shit-devices) have amplified this power.