[ale] [OT] email forwarding service recommendations

TxMoose kyle at txmoose.com
Mon Feb 20 11:33:53 EST 2017

I'd just like to add on to this:  I simply run my own email server out
of Digital Ocean.  The server is running postfix, nginx/php-fpm,
dovecot, and spamassassin, and I've been extremely happy with the
results.  As far as DNS, CloudFlare hosts DNS for free, is incredibly
reliable, and their customer service is top notch.

Beyond that, their API looks to be quite easy to work against, and they
maintain most of their DNS records with a 120 second TTL.  If you're
using DynDNS because your ISP is flaky with your DHCP reservation, then
a simple script to curl icanhazip.com (run by an old colleague of mine,
and is trustworthy) and update CloudFlare via API when a change occurs
should be within reach.

Hope this helps!

Very respectfully,
Kyle Brieden