[ale] OT: drupal

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Feb 15 20:32:20 EST 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:45:30 -0500
DJ-Pfulio <DJPfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:

> Do what works for you and be prepared for the negative repercussions
> from any solution deployed. Every solution has negative aspects.
>
> Saw an article 2 days ago that 1.5 million WP sites had been hacked
> due to a newly discovered
> problem.http://www.csoonline.com/article/3168717/security/recent-wordpress-vulnerability-used-to-deface-1-5-million-pages.html
>  I've seen similar articles for Joomla (joomla hacked) and Drupal
> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29846539 over the years, just with
> lower numbers (smaller market shares).

Also, it depends on what you're trying to do. Over 90% of
Troubleshooters.Com is static information, so I do it as static HTML.
Most of the dynamic stuff can be done with a little simple hand-coded
Javascript with CSS. People are always trying to get me to rewrite
Troubleshooters.Com in wordpress, joomla, druple, zope, rails, django,
etc. Those are all nice if you're always on top of their security
aspects and be very careful of which addons I use, but with static
HTML, I get trivial backup, trivial deployment, and a website I can
transfer from one host to another with a tar xzvf. And the new webhost
doesn't need any special capabilities (except I still use a few
Perlscripts which I really should convert to something else).

I totally get using a <alert type="buzzword">CMS</alert> with a heavily
interactive site. But sometimes, simpler is better.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive