[ale] Quiet spinning drives?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Feb 14 15:53:26 EST 2017

I think the ssd wear issue has been solved for a few years.  I expect my
SSDs to last longer than all but the best spinning disks - they test
over 10 yrs these days.

Plus, it is $30. What is more important, silence or the amount of
storage to meet the needs?  Below you say 2x8G drives are working.  This
would be over 3x that amount (usable).

WD disks have 1 yr warranties if you are lucky.  Most cheap desktop
drives also have 90 days - 1 yr warranties. To get better disks, you'll
need to spend much more money.  OTOH, this cheap SSD will probably last
longer than you need the machine.