[ale] Spam: Snow(OT) [heat without electricity]

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Feb 2 11:19:08 EST 2017

On Thursday 02 February 2017, Phil Turmel wrote:
> On 02/02/2017 09:50 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > We used a small wood burning stove venting through the fireplace. Only
> > wood we had was sweetgum. Lousy fuel! I stayed warm trying to split it
> > :-)
>
> Good lord!

Need a hydraulic splitter for sweetgum! Even hickory is easier to split with
a maul than sweetgum.

> > That's why I installed a nat gas generator with auto cutover switch.
> > Party's at my house when the power's out!
>
> {{ Sheer jealousy }}

Still have my 5 KW gas generator which was brand new for the 93 blizzard. Was
still living in our old place and building this one is why I needed a
generator. Was ready that day, had it all gassed up and a huge extension
cord ready to go and never needed it. 90% of Cherokee county was out of
power that night. Sometimes being prepared pays off:)

William