[ale] Brother printer woes

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Aug 1 22:13:15 EDT 2017

Yes, as I said I can telnet to the printer  on .30 from the server on
.50.  There are other printers defined in cups on the .30 net that are
configured on the server and are working fine. The test page is from the
Maintenance tab on the printer administration page for the printer.
There are two test page options, self test and print test.  Both appear
to work but don't actually result in paper being generated.  What's
really disturbing is that cups seems to think all is well and shows the
completed print jobs in the completed queue.  The normal messages are
displayed while it is "printing" such as sending, rasterizing, finished,
etc.  I'd configure the system that needs to print directly to the
printer except it's a Chromebook and I have to go through the cloud.  I
have a half dozen printers in cups that are configured to be cloud
printers and work as advertised. They are all on the .30 net. Since this
one doesn't even print from cups, I haven't bothered to try to configure
it to work as a cloud printer, however.

Thanks,

Jim,