[ale] Small Clusters for VMs

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Oct 28 13:07:30 EDT 2016

I use libvirt and virt-manager to create/manage the VMs from a
workstation - can be local or around the world thanks to ssh tunnels
(built-into the virt-manager interface). This makes it feel like
virtualbox for creating VMs. Storage and networking layers are setup
outside libvirt and it sees them.
ssh in or x2go into a remote desktop systems. I treat VMs like physical
servers for pretty much everything else. Simple that way.

Use whatever distro you like. Don't think it matters, but I try not to
overload the VM host with desktop stuff. My VM hosts don't run any GUI.

-jd (dj-pfulio is my rapper name)  <--- is was supposed to be a joke!