[ale] Small Clusters for VMs

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Oct 28 12:08:11 EDT 2016

DJ, I meant to ask on the other thread, but how do you run KVM? I know XenServer and I believe ESXi get installed on the bare metal. XenServer is a kind of stripped down Linux distribution of it's own. I know you *can* run Xen and KVM on openSUSE, CentOS and some other general distributions.

So is there a KVM "optimized" or KVM specific distribution if you're setting up a server just to run KVM, or if not, what distro do you recommend for KVM? Or would you just recommend whatever distro we're already familiar with (that supports KVM)?

Scott