[ale] DKIM setup for SPAM filtering

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Thu Mar 24 14:41:30 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

I have set up DKIM and DMARC (monitoring only at this point) on my domain.
It's a Google Apps domain and it all seems to be working correctly.

I have a couple of in-house SMTP-only servers that we use for mail from
printers, PBX's and so on. Since these mails come a variety of random
addresses such as ricoh_printer at ricoh.localdomain and the like, I need to
get these SMTP (Postfix on Ubuntu 14.04) in on the DKIM act. I have already
added them to the SPF record, and Google happily accepts all mail from them
.​

So I need to sign all mail emanating from these SMTP servers. But, as far
as I understand, I can only have one DomainKey record per domain. So what
do I do here? I guess I need to install OpenDKM and then sign all outbound
mail with the same key that GoogleApps is using? Am I understanding this
right?

​T
his doc:

https://www.xpertdns.com/billing/knowledgebase/1/DomainKeys-or-DKIM.html

​says
:

"You can only setup one DomainKey policy record per domain - but you can
setup multiple selector records. The selector record holds your public key.
You can setup multiple selectors to be used on different servers if you
like, or you can use one selector for all your outgoing email."
​ I don't ​quite understand what selector records are ... is this even the
path I need to be going down?

​Most of the documentation revolves around an initial setup of DKIM, which
is the part I already have working. Adding a second and subsequent server
for signing those "random" internal mails is where I am stuck. Is there a
method to just copy my public key from Google and use it on my existing
SMTP box to sign all outbound mail with OpenDKM?

I'd be grateful if somebody can guide me on how I proceed from here?

ed​

*Edward O. Holcroft*
IT Operations Manager

*Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc.*
Construction Consultants & Engineers
11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250
Johns Creek, GA 30097

*O*  770.446.9606  |  *F*  770.446.9612  |  *C*  770.630.0949  |
eholcroft at mkainc.com

www.mkainc.com

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not