[ale] Blender Render Farm for amateurs.

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Mar 17 16:11:37 EDT 2016

I made a huge mistake today and installed Blender. Someone posted a picture to FB labeled "How many girls in this picture?
I don't have wall size mirrors so I installed Blender and recreated the scene. I'm now playing with it. My last foray into this was with 3D Studio and others back in 94.

My conclusion that CPUs are so fast now that render times have dropped is wrong. The scenes have just scaled with resources. I used to start a render, go to work, and come home to see a beautiful 640x480 picture. 1920x1080 today is going to be just as painful.

"Surely there is a service that does this for me" came to my head and sure enough, I found many links for render farms.

Are there any that are cost effective for someone just goofing off?