[ale] Fedora 24 - A little bit Challenging??

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Jul 18 18:45:58 EDT 2016

It was definitely time to change from Fedora 22 before updates stopped,
and while I still remembered a few things to do during setup.

This is the first time the system thinks to download the HP firmware on
boot, but I can handle that manually by now.

Otherwise, I'm not quite so certain...

It appears that the virtual terminals (the ones you accessed with
<ctl><alt><F#> chords) have gone away, although I'm not completely certain
of that.

There do appear to be some stability or usablility issues also.

Sometimes, logging out pretty much locks up the console interface, forcing
a reboot with a ssh login or power cycle. When I ssh in, the system load
reported by top is not high, but the console is nearly unresponsive.

Doing equations in LibreOffice Impress is painful. I should grab a screen
shot, but the editing window is either there, or partially there, or not
there. Hard to see what you are doing sometimes...

I realize I need to rejoin the Fedora list - and try to help improve the
situation. Soon, I promise. Meantime - have others run into these types of
issues or heard of them?

Thanks for the use of your bandwidth.