[ale] Alright, it's time to move on from Linode

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Jan 8 13:02:53 EST 2016

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 16:53:11 -0500
James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>
> wrote:
>
> > > They got their three strikes from me. But I don't know where else
> > > to go and get the features I want. Paramount among them is being
> > > able to boot a rescue environment so I can install via a rootfs
> > > image and chroot. I think this means DigitalOcean is out.
> >
> > Why can't you do that with DigitalOcean?
>

> Seems like it is doable --
> https://twitter.com/digitalocean/status/685216434574737409

Eeeeuuuuuu: "Currently we do not support the importing of or mounting
of ISOs in the panel."

If you can't get an ISO mounted, how the hell can you ever do a chroot
install?

I'm copying one of my buddies who uses DigitalOcean.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28