[ale] Alright, it's time to move on from Linode

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:53:11 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>
wrote:

> > They got their three strikes from me. But I don't know where else to
> > go and get the features I want. Paramount among them is being able to
> > boot a rescue environment so I can install via a rootfs image and
> > chroot. I think this means DigitalOcean is out.
>
> Why can't you do that with DigitalOcean?

Seems like it is doable --
https://twitter.com/digitalocean/status/685216434574737409

Some old information on their Q&A site indicated that booting your own
kernel with your own boot loader wouldn't work.

Still, rather annoying that you have to deal with support to get it done.
It's a completely independent process at Linode.

--
James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)