[ale] Setting up a PS/4 in a DMZ on home network

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:02:11 EST 2016

I have a situation where I have a PS/4 on my WLAN and am being requested
to set it up in a DMZ. My experience with DMZs are pre 2k and also
involved using more than one router the first was connecting the DMZ to
the internet and a second router was connected to that one for all other
equipment to provide some isolation from the DMZ. Now I'm being told I
don't need all of that, that the DMZ can be within my LAN. This kind of
scares me since my wife connects to the state network (I'm sure through
some sort of VPN setup but I have my doubts) through our network.

My memory is a little fuzzy since it's been so long since I've done
this, so I'm turning to y'all for some pointers.

--
Sent to you and NSA, CIA, FBI, SS, DHS and GOD only knows who the hell else...