[ale] OT: BRAG!!!!!

Tim Watts tim at cliftonfarm.org
Sat Feb 27 20:37:44 EST 2016

Yeah, but there's something about a stream of 2100 cyclists that makes
drivers just a little extra careful.  Can't really explain it.  Maybe
cuz they know they can't just speed away unnoticed if they get careless.
I've done the ride a number of times and have never felt unsafe.  In
congested areas there's usually police escorts to keep things sane.  But
mostly you're riding through lonely country roads on dewy Georgia
mornings.  It's something to behold.

This is a really well-run, well-supported ride.  And utterly doable if
you're in moderately decent shape.  At least it was when I was
40-something.  I highly recommend the experience.