[ale] Today's lesson: rdiff-backup restores

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:32:05 EST 2016

<sigh>

My backup rig is in the same rack with the machines it backs up. Politics
and network limitations prevent relocating it elsewhere. So a monthly
extraction of full backup tapes to my office across campus is my solution.
I use a specific set of LTO6 tapes just for fulls with a rolling set for
incr and diffs.