[ale] Today's lesson: rdiff-backup restores

Dow Hurst dphurst at uncg.edu
Tue Feb 23 08:22:48 EST 2016

I have bacula setup on ~10 clients with daily incremental, weekly
differential, and monthly full backups implemented.  Bacula works great and
any individual file or subdirectory can be restored on demand if needed.
Anytime I've had to restore something, it just works.  Once I got the main
configuration template for one client working then the rest of the clients
were pretty straightforward. So, I know backups and restores work.  The
problem we haven't dealt with yet and have plans to rectify is that the
backup server is still in the same building as the clients being backed
up...

Sincerely,
Dow
⚛Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
       340 Sullivan Science Bldg.
       Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.
       University of North Carolina at Greensboro
       PO Box 26170 Greensboro, NC 27402-6170