[ale] Privacy!

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Wed Aug 24 16:46:45 EDT 2016

Several years ago I was at a doctor’s office that asked me for SSN, insurance and a plethora of other information as if I was filling out a credit application.   This annoyed me mainly because I know they like everyone will simply run a credit report on me based on my SSN so the other information they ask for is specious.   I had already given one form to the receptionist before I got the next one asking for this detail.  I asked if I could see the first form then proceeded to shred the entire stack by hand and walk out with it.  The fact that they require you to pay them up front for everything other than insurance also obviates the need for this kind of detail.