[ale] USB Wireless

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Aug 19 13:46:47 EDT 2016

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 11:01:39 -0400 (EDT)
Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> Can you even radiate 2W in Part 95 wifi spectrum? Regardless, I'm not
> sure I buy that it can off the USB port. If you try you need to use a
> powered hub. I'm skeptical if that device really can do 2W. I'll bet
> they are getting that by gain and not output of the final?

Could you please explain "by gain and now output of the final?" Are
talking about some sort of quantification where the power actually
dissipated into the antenna multiplied by the gain factor of that
antenna?

I found this description of output power measurements:

http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51446/en/#toc1

The article in the preceding link doesn't contain the word "gain".

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
  Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr