[ale] [OT] Cell phones

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:46:00 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-08-18 at 16:18 -0400, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> On 08/18/2016 02:32 PM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
Found

> > > drivers for anything) and the reality of consumer ARM gear.

IMHO. The
> > 11/2013. It has been less than 3 yrs since the last N4 was sold!

> > a tiny company (privately funded w/ about 500 employees). Redhat
> > supports for even longer periods.

can't
> > and sold?

> > running.

> > demand better.
> >

> > This thread has hit a nerve with me, as I too own a nexus 4.  The
phone
> > has several issues and I have been looking for a replacement. It hits
> nerve not only with lack of software support you mentioned, but also
> with hardware support.  It's almost impossible to buy OEM parts to
> repair your phone. Just low grade knock off parts.
> I do believe that Google needs to do better in it's support for its
> products.
>
> > With that said, what would be a good cell replacement phone for the
Nexus 4?

https://oneplus.net/

NOTE: The red funky USB sync/charger cable that came with all 3 I bough
is crap. The ends broke very soon. But any micro (pico??) USB cable
will work. My version1 is on par with the Nexxus version top of the
line from 2+ years ago. But my phone was only $350. The similar
features Nexxus was $650.

Ale at ale.org
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo