[ale] Miniupnpd + Xbox 1

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:17:26 EDT 2016

I'm in the same boat (just Void instead of Debian). I haven't been able to
get miniupnpd configured correctly. In fact, the last time I attempted it
was back in May. I've been running with port 3074 (udp) open and have had
no issues. It still shows as "strict" but I'm able to communicate with
everyone and play whatever game I feel like.

However, it looks like I might be able to get "open" if I add 3074 (tcp)
and 88 (udp) --
http://compnetworking.about.com/b/2008/11/15/tcp-and-udp-port-numbers-for-xbox-live.htm

If you go by MS's documentation then you'll have a very open firewall --
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
wrote:

> I've been tweaking my firewall running Jessie since I replaced a TP-Link
> DSL router.  I have cable service now.
>
> My XB1 tells me that my network is 'NAT Strict'.  I installed miniupnpd
>  on the router and this does not seem to help.
>
> Should I even care? Most of my gaming is single player.  The kids do play
> Minecraft, Roblox and a few other games on line from their laptops.  They
> stream video too.
>
> Chris

James Sumners
http://james.sumners.info/ (technical profile)