[ale] OT: rant

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 17 11:30:38 EDT 2016

Yes, really. Everyone is born knowing nothing. Look at my history of posts in ALE since maybe 95?

I googled the above about Ubuntu maybe < 2009. "click the network config thingy and set that for static". I did that, but if I reset my switch which caused a link loss then DHCP would start. This has happened on Raspian and other distros that use NM. My disdain for NM grew.