[ale] OT: Windows 7 and DVI monitor

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:35:18 EDT 2016

I've had interesting encouter today with Windows and DVI monitor. Monitor
blank PC works ok. Booted puppy Linux monitor works fine. Booted again
Windows - monitor works up to the point when PC shows boot screen and shows
Windows logo and "Windows loading" and after that goes blank. Changed the
cable and voila everything is fine.

I suppose there is signal that monitor returns to the video card and this
signal is missing due broken wire therefore Windows driver thinks there is
no monitor plugged and not sending video signal.

Also I guess X server not really care about that signal if puppy Linux was
working just fine.

P.S. PC is dual monitor system so that's how I was able to see the odd
behaviour.