[ale] Anybody Using Google Fi

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:18:21 EDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-08 at 14:52 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> > I wish. But they show only 2G coverage over my house -- my house is
20 miles from Woodruff Arts Center. That's just plain unacceptable.

Completely explainable: people really complain when a plan arises to
put up a cell tower near a low coverage neighborhood:
1: Ugly (yeah. But new ones have far less protruding bits and just
become background visual noise after a few months.)
2: RADIATION DAMAGE (morons. same level of brain damage as the anti-
vaccine crowd and cancer causing power lines idiots. It's the hair
dryers they use! Really!)
3: Think of the children! (never could figure out this one but heard it
at two different zoning meetings. Coverage in my neighborhood is rather
crap).

Apparently it's less of a hassle for the cell providers to put up with
the complaints of crappy coverage than the crap of getting a few loud
idiots to stop blocking cell towers.

Ale at ale.org

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at

http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo