[ale] help with udev rule

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Fri Aug 5 15:48:41 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-05 10:05, Todor Fassl wrote:
> The reason my rule didn't work for ubuntu is that the newer version of
> udev has a different name for the attribute array. Instead of SYSFS it's
> ATTR. If your rules file is 10-local.rules:
>
> sed -i 's/SYSFS/ATTR/g' 10-local.rules
>
> Part of the problem is that every system in linux has it's own little
> programming language for it's config files. Too bad xml never caught on.
> Well, xml kinda sucks, I guess that's why it never caughton.

Looking at your original rule, I think if you can make your rule a bit
more specific you might avoid the reloads.  At the moment you only look
at the vendor and product IDs.  Do an lsusb to see if anything else is
sharing those numbers (always possible) and then use the verbose output
of lsusb plus the output of udevadm (with an appropriate info query) to
see if you can tailor the rule.